Sat, 15 Apr|
Whittle Dene Woodland
Early Spring Foraging Course
Join us for an introduction to wild food foraging at this abundant time of year, exploring hedgerow and woodland habitats with your experienced guides.
Time & Location
15 Apr 2023, 11:00 – 15:30
Whittle Dene Woodland, Whittle Dene, Ovingham
About the event
The courses include:
- an introduction to harvesting wild food safely and sustainably
- how to identify a range of seasonal edibles found in the wild with confidence
- methods of preparing wild food
- the nutritional & medicinal benefits of the wild food we find
- the folklore and history associated with the plants we discover
- lots of tasty food and drink samples! Our experienced tutors will invite you to engage all of your senses as they offer you wild snacks and drinks along the way.
The cost for the course is £65/ £45 low income.
Bring your own packed lunch; we will stop to eat half way through the course, at which time your tutors will also prepare some wild food tasters over a campfire.